Sunday 5 June 2011

I Love... Doily Inspired Gowns

Now I know you all know about my love of doilies and yesterday, I was at my favourite antique centre prepping for a big photo shoot on Monday and I might, just might, have somehow walked out with some more gorgeous crochet doilies for my ever-growing collection. Truly, I don't know how it happened Mr Bank Manager...

But as I was cooing happily over my new purchases, my Mum uttered the line "I used to have a dress made of doilies" and whilst I had a moment of surprise at her wearing something non-M&S, I started thinking about doily dresses and, more specifically, doily wedding dresses. So, as a little bit of Sunday indulgence, here are some of my favourite doily inspired gowns. And now I'm wondering how many more I'd need to buy to be make my own version...



 Image - J Crew


Image - Lela Rose

Image - via Ruffled

Image - via Stylehive

Image - via Wedding Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. You would love my designs have a look at http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-dream-of-Doilies/116513598392845

    ReplyDelete