Wednesday 29 June 2011

In The Mood - Vintage French Inspiration

I have a real soft spot for France. I've had lovely holidays staying with my Aunt in the Loire Valley, I've wandered along the Seine with my Mum, I've skied in the French Alps, I've sat outside cafes in the Pas de Calais, I've walked through vineyards, bought baguettes, lost wonderfully at boules to locals, eaten my bodyweight in cheese and I've wandered along the sea front at Cannes whilst pregnant with my son (who was quite close to arriving on the Eurostar!). Some of my favourite books and films are set in France and there's just something magical about the whole French vibe for me.

So today's post is all about taking a little bit of vintage French inspiration for your wedding. I have to say that I totally adore this look and I've fallen a little bit more in love with France right here...

Above - ooooh, how totally gorgeous is this dessert buffet? Macarons, meringues, delicate pies topped with creme Chantilly and the sweetest little bon bons. The platters have a gorgeous French lace look and French lace has been used to decorate the cake name cards. Image - Andrew Arthur

Above - another great look, this time with a real rustic feel. This burlap table runner has been printed with French details (in an appropriate font) and it also doubles up as a table number too. Love this. Image - Art Essen

Above - such beautiful vintage inspired stationery. I totally adore the fonts, the colours and the whole vibe of these gorgeous invitations. Fab attention to detail creates a really striking look. Image - Bird & Banner

Above - lavender sachets with a distinctly French feel for favours, all tied with beautiful cafe au lait coloured ribbon and the Eiffel Tower print on the bags is a cute touch too. Image - Feminine Living

Above - love these vintage French postcards table numbers. The great thing about these is that you buy the digital file and so can print & use them as you wish for your wedding (smaller versions for seating cards for example) Image - KF Collection on Etsy

Above - I really like this simple but oh-so effective look. Gorgeously rouge red flowers, French bread in vintage tins and pretty glass and flatware. Everything comes together absolutely perfectly but it's so simple, totally fabulous. Image - Meg Perotti

Above - let's be honest, if you're having a French theme, you can't avoid serving some deliciously oozing and gloriously gooey cheese! The rustic, natural look of this table is just great. Love the bread, the chutney and the fruit - this would be perfect during the evening. Image - Michael & Anna Costa

Above - another heavenly dessert buffet and here, it's the colours that just really appeal - the pinks, the shabby whites and blues with the metal pitcher full of fabulous flowers. Another tres chic look. Image - via Pacific Weddings

Above - ooooh, sooooo pretty! I just love this printed invitation - the design, the colours, it's really beautiful and more than a little oh la la! Image - Sweet Cookie on Etsy

Above - oui, oui, oui! As someone who can't function without her tea in the morning, this really appeals. Love the idea of an 'heure du the' - so elegant and unexpected. J'adore... Image - via Ruffled

6 comments:

  1. Love love love this! Sorry... j'adore ces idees!
    All so very beautiful and different. l'heure du the at the end is fabulous - my calligraphy senses are tingling at that one.

    Great finds, thank you for sharing.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog post and what beautiful details... J'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I'm such a fan of French vintage. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've scratched my head for many an hour looking for inspiration for my vintage Paris themed wedding,and almost jumped out of my seat in joy to see so many beautiful ideas in one place. This is exactly what I needed.Merci beaucoup! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci beaucoup everyone for your wonderful comments. I totally love this look - beautiful, elegant and a little bit quirky in places. Totally gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fonts are you using?

    ReplyDelete