Wednesday 23 February 2011

Bright [Coloured] Sparkly Things!

Last week, I had a truly lovely day in Brighton - it was a bright sunny day, perfect for wandering by the sea, perfect for people watching over coffee and, happily for me, perfect for wandering through the famous Lanes area. Twisting, turning little alleyways that are lined with some amazing shops, particularly lots of beautiful vintage jewellers.

Now, I know I'm coming a little late to the vintage party but I'm now one smitten kitten. Should anyone ever be mad enough to propose to me, I won't be after a plain old diamond engagement ring. Oh no, the gorgeous shops of The Lanes have completely converted me to a lover of brightly coloured sparkly things - pink sapphires, emeralds, rubies, sapphires... What is a girl to do because, let's face it, who could resist these little beauties?


I love the vibrancy of the colour, the unique look of the rings, the statement they make and most of all, I love that there's some history attached to them. Coloured rings are, according to the jewellers I spoke to, the new big thing - apparently there's been a marked increase in sales since Kate Middleton flashed her sapphire & diamond ring to the world and coloured rings are also popular choices with '2nd Time Brides', who I guess, want something that's definitely different to their first engagement ring (and I'd certainly fall into that category!)
But mostly, I think that brides are going for brighter rings because we're all better at 'doing something different' these days, whether it's the choice of engagement ring or the details at the wedding itself. It's all about BIG personality and I'm and BIG fan of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment