Tuesday 12 April 2011

A Little Update...

Well, there's just so much going on here at the moment, I thought it was probably a good time to fill you in with all the news...

I'm rather excited this week because I have a meeting on Thursday with someone I admire very much (all hush hush at the moment, wish I could say!) and then on Friday, I'm off to Dorset for a shoot with the very lovely Courtenay Photographic. I'm going to be frollicking in bluebell woods and some brilliant suppliers have got involved too to make this a shoot to remember. Huge thanks to 'the bluebell girls' - Jo Barnes Vintage, The Tea Party and Genii Cupcakes. Can't wait to blog the shoot and show you the pics!

It's a little way off I know but on June 16th, I'm hosting a wedding inspiration Ladies Lunch at the truly stunning l'ortolan restaurant near Reading. If the idea of a day of wedding chat, prosecco, canapes and a three course lunch in a Michelin star restaurant appeals then book up soon. A perfect way for brides to spend a day with their Mums being pampered, indulged and inspired (and there are the cutest goodie bags too!)

Next week is going to be a bit more cake fuelled than usual! I am so pleased to have been asked by the truly lovely Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk to get involved with a series of wedding related posts she's written for her bake-tastic blog. UK readers of my blog might know Ruth from The Great British Bake-Off and you're going to love the recipes she's come up with. Ruth is featuring on BBC2's The Great British Wedding Cake which airs on Wednesday 20th April at 8pm and I'll be interviewing her on my blog on Tuesday 19th April. If you love cake and/or weddings, you won't want to miss any of this!

Julie Tooby and I are running another workshop for anyone interested in becoming a wedding planner on Sunday May 8th in Reading. These are great days - packed with information and where else can you pick the brains of two multi award winning wedding planners?! We've only got a few places left so read more here and if you're interested, get in touch soon!

I've also been asked to write a column for a new magazine - very excited about this and I know it's going to be a brilliant project to be involved with. More details as soon as I can tell you...  There's also another big project that I'm working on at the moment that makes me smile hugely. It's going to be rather special, beautiful and fabulous for brides. Lots of 'behind the scenes' work going on at the moment so when it's launch-time, it'll be announced on the blog first. So want to tell you all now because I'm just bouncing about it but I must be good!

And then there's this blog. I am totally blown away by the response to my wedding ramblings. In the last month, the numbers of you visiting every day have more than quadrupled and that's rather mindblowing. So, to you, wherever in the world you are, thank you. There's much more to come...

If you want to keep right up to date, the please follow me on Twitter - I'm @tamrynkirby. Hope to 'tweet' soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment